Tuesday, March 30, 2010

First Fourth, Part 1

This year, I decided that each season I would look back see what I've been up to, in the hopes that knowledge will help me go forward...this is the first of several posts on the first quarter of this year.

The period "January through March" has been difficult, but less so than October-December 2009.

January began without any resolutions, but with much hope for this being an action year. Still struggling with depression and inertia, especially regarding the work situation, but I was starting to reconnect well with my family. Felt even more distant from some of my friends - when two groups are travelling in two different directions, it's difficult to find a place to meet. I wonder if they feel the same way...

Then, on the 22nd, I had my first severe bleeding incident. Right side facial numbness and paralysis, garbled speech, disorientation. Why did I used to like getting drunk? I can't imagine voluntarily doing that now!

I had been staying away from church for a while. Typical not being able to handle perfect people and their flawless lives. Then I remembered it was *my* church and people weren't like they were at other places. Here, they cared. I went back on the 28th.

February began quite stressfully - it always is with Joe's birthday and his issues with that day. For once, he was actually a happy Groundhog! I believe that was a first...Then, the health insurance! Let me just say that Chester County has gained a customer for life, and Phoenixville has lost one.

There was an epic amount of snow by SE PA standards - it became stressful only because of my work situation. My family and I quite enjoyed the winter weather! It really hit home that I need to find something either closer to home or much more flexible.

I spent a good bit of time watching the Olympics and realizing I love the Canadian National Anthem. It will be interesting to see what happens in Sochi...

Ah - and the high point of the month - dogsledding. I cannot even describe it. Just. Go!

And then - March. "'Twas the best of times, 'twas the worst of times". The earth and the air were wondrous, but this served to make me even more uncomfortable in the current work situation. I do not share the values of the corporation (both my current employer and the idea as a whole), and I wonder how long I can live with this struggle.

My husband graduates school in 438 days. I'm sure he will miss school, but I am also certain that life will improve once he is able to take the Breadwinner Burden off my back. I know we are both looking forward to it!

No comments: